Conservation Voters for Idaho protects Idaho’s environment and quality of life by informing, engaging an empowering citizens who care about our natural heritage and healthy communities. A critical component to empowering our communities is ensuring that we have a strong resilient democracy where every Idahoan has equal access to the ballot box. The Voting Rights Associate will implement our voting rights program that includes public policy development that protects and expands voting, ensuring elections are fair and equitable. Our non partisan voter rights program follows the following principles: communities of color should be registered to vote and participate in elections, voting and voter registration should be easy, voting locations should be plentiful and easily accessible, early voting and vote by mail should be widely available.
The Associate develops and implements organizing strategies that protect and advance voter rights in underrepresented communities. This position reports to the Program Director.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
· Policy development to protect or expand voting rights.
· Develop and implement strategies to advance voter rights in underrepresented communities.
· Form trusted relationships with community partners.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Applicants should have:
· Familiarity and experience with databases preferred.
· Experience organizing or working with diverse communities preferred.
· Good project management skills with a focus on details, preparation, organization and coordination.
· Ability to work under own initiative as well as part of a team.
· Willingness to work a flexible schedule and travel within Idaho.
· Great relationship building skills.
· Driven to achieve the organization’s mission and results.
This is a full time position based in Boise, salary range is $28,000-$34,000 with competitive benefits including healthcare and retirement. This position requires some evening and weekend work.
Send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com, with the subject line Voter Rights Associate.