Please apply at: www.adaclubs.org/employment
TITLE: Transportation Coordinator (Full-Time, Wage Employee)
REPORTS TO: Unit Director
COMPENSATION: (Starting) $10-12 /hour
DOE HOURS: 30 to 39 Hours /Week
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Transportation staff are responsible for bussing children to and from the Club from locations within the Treasure Valley. Mileage logs and pre-post trip vehicle inspection logs must be maintained. Current certification/licensing required. This position also trains and helps certify new Class B CDL Drivers as needed.
KEY ROLES (Essential Job Responsibilities):
1. Transport children and/or staff by bus, van or SUV to or from the club to locations in the Treasure Valley.
2. Maintain passenger behavior on vehicles under transit while maintaining positive Club Culture.
3. Perform a pre and post trip inspection of any vehicles used and document findings, reporting any anomalies to the supervisor.
4. Record mileage for each trip.
5. Bring vehicles to check emissions, regular servicing appointments, and/or repair appointments.
6. Upon fully assuming the roles and responsibilities of the position, provide support and mentorship in assisting qualified new drivers in attaining their certifications to transport for the organization when asked.
7. Provide ongoing basic awareness of the state of maintenance and repairs on all vehicles. All validated major repairs are contracted through a bonded and insured mechanic.
1. Responsible for planning field trips for school breaks and summer with program director approval.
2. May be asked to lead groups of children on field trips in addition to transportation if applicable to employee knowledge, skills and abilities.
3. May drive Club vehicles to transport youth to/from special events during non-scheduled hours on a mutual consent basis.
4. May be asked to assist with general maintenance and repairs of facility while on the clock, but not transporting children.
Internal: Maintain daily contact with Club members, Club staff (professional and volunteer), and supervisor to receive/provide information, discuss issues, explain or interpret guidelines/instructions; instruct, and advise/counsel.
External: Maintain contact with Unit Director as needed to foster community relations.
A current Class B Commercial Driver’s License with the Passenger Endorsement is required for this position (W/O Airbrakes is feasible, W/O Airbrakes restriction removed is preferred). We will certify the right candidate.
Strong time management skills and ability to maintain focus and prioritize under stress.
Strong verbal communication skills.
Group leadership skills, including an understanding of group dynamics.
Must possess an interest in working with children and pass a background check.
Must possess a clean driving record (no major violations in past five years).
Obtain CPR and First Aid Certifications (provided).
A minimum of two years of work experience in a human transportation capacity is preferred.
DISCLAIMER: The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, nor to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, nor limit the ability of the organization to create its own boundaries around employee work performance or compensation.