AN OVERVIEW OF JANNUS: Jannus, Inc. is a forty-four year old nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization with 20 unique programs that work with more than 35,000 Idahoans annually to promote community health, advance public policy and create economic opportunity. With an annual budget of approximately $15 million from diverse funding sources (federal, state, private foundation grants, fee for service and donations), Jannus operates and provides services across the state of Idaho with eight locations and 130 employees. Jannus changes lives.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Jannus Fiscal Team includes the Finance Director, two Staff Accountants and the Fiscal Assistant. The Fiscal Team is part of the Jannus Administration team and provides financial and accounting expertise and impeccable service to Jannus programs ensuring accuracy and compliance with applicable accounting standards, regulations and federal, state and private foundation grant requirements.
Under general supervision, the Staff Accountant performs accounting functions for all programs within the Idaho Office for Refugees, National Service Programs, the Agency for New Americans, and Honoring Choices Idaho. He or she also provides financial information to customers including program directors, the Finance Director, the Executive Director and external contacts as required. Staff Accountants work in a team environment, contributing to the success and credibility of the programs they support as well as the fiscal office in a variety of roles with a willingness to take on new responsibilities, improve efficiencies, problem solve with programs and administrative staff and provide backup to other fiscal office staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Program Support for Assigned Programs
· Gain and maintain understanding of all financial related grant or contract compliance requirements, ensure deadlines are met, and support program staff, as necessary, to maintain compliance;
· Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements, including budget versus actual results, and projections; In collaboration with program staff and the Grant Development Director, prepare and/or review budgets for proposals for renewing and new programs;
· Prepare timely financial reports and invoices required by funding agencies (federal, state or private funding sources);
· Oversee or process other accounting functions such as check runs, journal entries, and reconciliations to support the annual audit;
· Review and provide support for drafting and completion of sub-contractor awards/subcontracts and perform and document financial sub recipient monitoring on federal sub-contractor awards;
· Support program specific funder compliance reviews;
· Assist with maintenance of the Blackbaud Financial Database and Bloomerang donor management system;
· Post weekly cash receipts;
· Responsible for inventory and property tracking and reporting;
· Understand, comply with and assist with updates and maintenance of fiscal/accounting policies and procedures. Train program staff on Fiscal policies and procedures as applicable;
· Take initiative to optimize fiscal office operations, procedures, contract/grants management and participate in active cross training and maintaining documentation of processes and procedures.
Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of this job.
· Minimum of 3 to 5 years accounting experience with a working knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), cost accounting/cost allocation principles, budgeting and projections, preferably with experience in accounting for not-for-profits and application of federal accounting cost principles and cost accounting standards;
· Demonstrated professional level of customer service and communication supporting nonfinancial managers with financial reporting, budgeting and forecasting support;
· Public accounting experience with nonprofit clients and Uniform Guidance Single Audits preferred;
· Extensive working knowledge of Excel;
· Experience with accounting software packages required; experience with Blackbaud a plus;
· Proven strong problem solving skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment;
· Demonstrated ability to read and understand complex contract requirements and establish procedures for compliance;
· High level of integrity and dependability;
· Excellent time management skills;
· Must be able to pass criminal history background check;
· Able to provide proof of State required auto liability insurance.
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field with equivalent experience. Advanced degree in business or public administration a plus.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Certified Public Accountant or CPA candidate strongly preferred.
Works in general office environment, periodically supports offsite program events (fundraisers, conferences) for cash management support.
Sitting, standing, walking, repeated hand and wrist motions (for computer use) are required. Ability to travel independently to perform biannual physical inventory/observation of office equipment that may include bending and lifting to access inventory tags and for periodic sub recipient monitoring and reviews of offsite programs and subcontractors.
Pay is a minimum of $50,000 per year, depending on experience.
Complete the required Jannus Employment Application available at www.jannus.org and send with your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Or fax to 208.336.0080 or mail or deliver to 1607 W Jefferson St., Boise, ID 83702.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of this job.
Jannus, Inc. is an Affirmative Action / Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Jannus, Inc. shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR sections 60-1.4(a)(7), 60-300.5(a) and (d), 60-741.5(a) and (d), and 29 C.F.R. Part 471, Appendix A to Subpart A, if applicable. These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals including on the basis of race, color, religion, age, gender, pregnancy, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, sexual orientation or gender identity, veteran status or disability, military status, or any status protected by federal, state or local law and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Rev 2/2/2015