Summary: The Outreach Assistant makes outbound phone calls and sends e-mail communication to targeted contacts for a specific campaign. This role is responsible for creating a qualified pipeline of decision making contacts, keeping leads warm and growing the interest and commitment to LLS’ mission and programs for campaign leadership.
Reports to: Executive Director or assigned staff
STATUS: PART TIME / TEMPORARY POSITION PAID THROUGH A STAFFING AGENCYAdditional Position InformationWould You Like to Get Paid to Help Cure Cancer?The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) is looking for energetic and excited team members who would like to join our non-profit team as an Outreach Assistant while still being able to maintain a school and/or family-friendly schedule. You would be responsible for contacting and recruiting schools within the region to register them for our Student Series school fundraising program. Successful Outreach Assistants may have sales experience, are excellent communicators and listen well to help coordinators build programs that fit their schools and encourage volunteers to join us in the fight against blood cancers. These are part time positions (multiple vacancies), which start in late August and run through early Spring. Four hour shifts are available in both the morning and afternoon. Start dates and shift times may vary by office. Unpaid days off correlate with school breaks.Responsibilities
- Proficiently make outbound phone and acknowledgement calls to prospective and existing contacts and/or leads in order to create interest in and commitment to participation in campaign.
- Maintain established outbound call volume to source, establish relationships and generate qualified new lead generation for the campaign leadership.
- Provide accurate follow up through proactive phone and/or e-mail communications keeping interested leads warm and engaged.
- Assist in the development of program materials, including assembly and distribution.
- Maintain assigned program records and files.
- Prepare assigned campaign correspondence and reports.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the LLS mission and programs to promote the field and campaign fundraising initiatives.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Education & Experience Requirements:
- High School degree
- 1+ year’s telemarketer or customer service experience
- Commitment to achieving phone calls/per day schedule and email follow up
- Ability to professionally represent LLS and its mission
Capacity to confidently speak with educators regarding key messages and values of the campaign
Excellent communication skills and phone etiquette
Outstanding interpersonal skills and team player
Ability to collect and organize data effectively
Strong organizational skills
Knowledge of MS Office Suite and databases
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
- Physical demands are minimal and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations
- Work environment is representative and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations
- Early morning shifts