Jannus, Inc. is a
44 year old nonprofit organization with 20 unique programs who touched the
lives of 35,000 Idahoans in 2017. The Jannus receptionist is a customer
focused professional who creates a warm and welcoming environment for diverse visitors, clients and
staff and effectively performs a variety of administrative services for program
staff including the administrative team. Tasks include greeting and
directing visitors, answering and directing a multiline phone, managing large
copy and collation projects, processing mailings,
distributing mail, filing, data entry, ordering office supplies, assisting with
building maintenance, arranging meetings, and other projects as
requested. The receptionist is officed at the main building and supports all
locations with effective communication and administrative support. The
receptionist works in tandem with the Administrative Support Specialist and
provides backup on critical tasks as needed. All administrative and
operational functions support the effectiveness, growth, and sustainability of
Jannus and its diverse programs. Learn more about our organization at
- Demonstrated commitment to and experience providing excellent customer service;
- Ability to flexibly organize and prioritize multiple responsibilities and tasks;
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work as a team to accurately complete prioritized tasks and projects;
- Ability to graciously accommodate interruptions;
- Demonstrated ability to communicate in a welcoming, professional and productive manner with a wide diversity of individuals;
- Unwavering commitment to confidentiality and ethical behavior;
- Advanced skill with Microsoft Office software including mail merge processes;
- Able to effectively and professionally answer and transfer calls on a multi-line system;
- Strong self-initiative and attention to detail, accuracy and able to meet established deadlines;
- Experience in supporting meeting and event coordination;
- Current knowledge of office equipment functions (copy, scan, fax, telephone conference);
- Skills in using current computer software for communications, document production, data management, listservs, and internet sites;
- Excellent proofreading skills;
- Experience updating websites preferred; Experience with WordPress a plus;
- Experience with complex database systems (accessing data, reporting, data management) preferred;
- Legible handwriting preferred (for handwritten acknowledgements);
- Multi-lingual a plus!
- Able to attend early morning or evening meetings or events if needed;
- Able to pass a criminal history background check;
- Access to reliable transportation and able to provide evidence of State required auto liability insurance;
Minimum, High School Diploma or GED with three to five years' experience or Associates degree in applicable field.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Works in a general office environment.
This position involves mostly office work, with significant repetitive computer work, and some occasional lifting.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of this job.
Submit the required Jannus employment application available at www.jannus.org with your cover letter and resume to email@example.com or fax to 208.336.0880 or mail or deliver to 1607 W Jefferson, Boise, 83702.
Jannus is an Affirmative Action / Equal Employment Opportunity EmployerJannus, Inc. shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR sections 60-1.4(a)(7), 60-300.5(a) and (d), 60-741.5(a) and (d), and 29 C.F.R. Part 471, Appendix A to Subpart A, if applicable. These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals including on the basis of race, or, religion, age, gender, pregnancy, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, sexual orientation or gender entity, veteran status or disability, military status, or any status protected by federal, state or local law and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.