1455 N. Orchard St.
If you have questions,
please contact us at:
PTV Multi-Media Video SpecialistIdaho Public Television
Open for Recruitment: September 12, 2018 - September 24, 2018
Announcement # 05341081380
Salary Range: $16.35 - $17.50 per hour -Plus Competitive Benefits!
Idaho Public Television invites applications
for a digital media position that includes
television production, ecting,
videography, editing and writing.
This is a rare opportunity to join one of the most
award-winning production teams in the Northwest!
The incumbent will work on a variety of video production projects and will produce, organize and manipulate digital content for ahoPTV across our many platforms, including but not limited to Facebook, PBS Learning Media, PBS Media Manager and YouTube. The incumbent will also produce material for broadcast use.
The focus will be digital distribution platforms and will require an understanding of uploading and associated data.
- Works with education and production staff to determine content and at of video productions
- Operates professional software and hardware such as:
- non-linear editing software
- encoding software
- graphics software
- video production switcher
- character generator
- audio board
- image manipulation software
- Coordinates video shoots and travel with subject matter experts and partners
- Sets up props, determines desired composition and sequence of shots
- Understands microphone placement and use
- Determines lighting needs and camera placement
- May work in conjunction with a producer
- May prepare various production s when producing and ecting a program concerning copyrights, cue sheets, and facilities
- Operates professional video camera equipment
- Positions and focuses video cameras to determine appropriate shots of persons and scenes
- Operates audio and lighting equipment
- Visualizes how production fits into overall program
- May provide work ection to other staff
- Writes creatively within a journalistic framework
- Collaborates with subject matter experts to write s for long and short educational video productions meant for on-line, social media or broadcast
- Experience developing and writing video materials for professional distribution
- Experience operating professional video camera equipment, audio recording equipment and professional video editing hardware and software
- Experience visualizing storylines and composing sequential shots
- Valid driver's license
Examination:The examination is a rating of your education and experience. Enter your responses to the questions in the spaces provided in the examination. You must have the minimum level of experience or education described for each question addressing minimum requirements to qualify for this position. Scoring will be based on the information you provide. A minimum rating of 52 is needed to pass this examination. Notification of your test results will be available online when the review process is complete.
To preview the exam, click on the "Preview Exam" at the bottom of this page (you will not be able to take the exam from this screen). If you wish to take the exam, click on any Apply Online button and follow the instructions provided.
How to Apply:
Click on any Apply Online button and follow the instructions provided to complete the Application Checklist and Exam for this position.
When completing your online application information, please :
- Idaho Public Television under "Agencies"
- Full-time under "Job Type/Shift"
- Boise under "Cities."
When updating your online application information, complete/update all items in the Application Checklist. (This includes: Personal Information, Education, Work History, Cities, Agencies and Job type.) Without this information your name can't be referred to the hiring Agency.
Thank you for your interest in employment
with aho Public Television!