To be considered for this position, please submit a cover letter and resume to Emily Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls please.
Position Title: Program Director
Full Time Exempt
Reports to: CEO
Number of people to supervise: 1-10
Establishes strategic direction for the program function and oversees program design and implementation to ensure achievement of annual goals. Ensures collaboration and alignment with other internal departments and advocates for support from community partners.Job Responsibilities
The following statements reflect the general duties, responsibilities
and competencies considered necessary to perform the essential duties &
responsibilities of the job and should not be considered as a detailed
description of all the work requirements of the position. BBBS may change the specific
job duties with or without prior notice based on the needs of the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Accountable for program performance. Monitors operational effectiveness using work flow and tracking systems (i.e. AIM); gathers accurate information for reports, tracks performance & develops measures to ensure growth, Minimize BBBS risk and meet annual agency program goals.
- Communicates to CEO and Board of Directors on matters of program effectiveness, youth outcomes and child safety. Establishes and ensures a system for quality assurance and youth protection.
- Plans, leads and drives implementation of programs designed to increase and strengthen Big and Little match relationships and youth development. Manages critical service and workflow issues that are impacting the ability to provide quality services. Develops and implements new program initiatives to expand mentoring services or target community issues as directed or needed.
- Develops and maintains positive working relationships with faith- based, community, school and business leaders in the service area to educate them regarding the agency’s mission, promote involvement in agency activities, and gain their support of the agency.
- Drives cohesion with recruitment/partnership and fund development departments to ensure an on-going supply of targeted volunteer candidates and resources to support agency programs. Leads communications across departments and within departments related to service delivery and customer service to enhance program implementation, communicate policy and assure compliance.
- Hires, engages, develops, and holds program staff accountable to work efficiently and effectively and to achieve individual and team goals while complying with local polices and national standards of practice. Establishes and ensures a system and culture of continuous staff learning, development and succession planning. Human Resources experiences a plus.
- Leads performance management practices with creation of reports (including statistical results), analysis of trends and issues and presentation of information to different audiences (CEO, other agency staff management, Board of Directors) as needed. Ensures program component of the agency’s Annual Self-Assessment (required by BBBSA) is completed in a timely manner.
- Establishes and oversees program segment of agency’s overall budget Ensures that all systems required to track and report on program functions due to grant requirements are established and maintained as needed. Experience working with Federal grants preferred.
- Ensures agency develops and maintains an organized, customer-centric service delivery model, (outreach, customer service, enrollment, and match support) reviews and updates as needed.
- Develops and enhances the agency’s outreach efforts to ensure that the agency’s image, mission, values, and advocacy for children and youth are properly communicated to people throughout the service area.
- Surfaces “best practices” that can be integrated into nationwide models for replication and investments. May represent agency at regional or national level.
- Other duties as assigned
For complete job description please visit our website: https://www.bbbsidaho.org/careers.html