Live, work, and play in Idaho’s Treasure Valley. Known as the "City of Trees," Boise is Idaho's capital city—both a cultural center and a playground for those who love the outdoors. A vibrant downtown area affords fine dining, theatre, music, and college and semi-professional sports. The Greenbelt follows the beautiful Boise River corridor for more than 30 miles, and the Boise foothills are home to miles of hiking and biking trails.
Catholic Charities of Idaho is seeking a dynamic Pathways to Progress Program Director that is aligned with our mission to alleviate, reduce, and end poverty for those we serve. We are a small but growing organization that is committed to innovation and impact. This means being part of a team that is “re-imagining” the field of social services in a way that truly improves the lives of those we serve. We are a start-up culture with a heart and we are looking for you.
Pathways to Progress Program Director
Guided by the mission, values and goals of Catholic Charities of Idaho, The Pathways to Progress Program Director will ensure that assigned CCI services capture our philosophy of social and financial empowerment – that vulnerable but motivated households served by Catholic Charities of Idaho will seamlessly access and develop the relational, financial, and material tools and resources they need to achieve upward economic mobility according to their goals for long-term success and stability. This includes recognizing that every client served has experiences and knowledge to share, has the capacity to learn and change behaviors, and has the right to healthy and effective social and financial resources and access to information and skills necessary to support their self-identified goals for relational and material prosperity.
The position is responsible for the development and delivery of services consistent with this philosophy and the cultivation of partnerships and related funding resources necessary to ensure the success and sustainability of CCI Pathways to Progress services.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversight of Pathways to Progress Services
· Provide direct services to clients, including a continuum of services offered on-site and at selected businesses and work sites in CCI service regions. Continuum of services will include financial literacy instruction, case management and coaching services, small loan services, credit counseling, incentivized savings services, public benefits access, work-based services, and ongoing general advocacy and support services relevant to client financial wellness and asset building goals.
· Oversee the hiring, on-boarding, training and supervision of Pathways to Progress staff, including Client Advancement and Resource Advocate (CARA) personnel and volunteers, in accordance with agency procedures. Maintain appropriate supervisory reporting systems to ensure that services are maintained at the highest level of quality and effectiveness.
· Cultivate, support, and maintain businesses and worksites for work-place based Pathways to Progress service delivery, including facilitating appropriate work site instructional activities, support group events, information and referral services, small loan assessment services, case management and advocacy, and coaching services.
· Ensure that assigned Pathways to Progress educational and service linkage activities promote agency impact goals and objectives and advance client self-sufficiency and pro-social relationships and networks.
· Develop marketing and communication materials to support participant involvement, employer participation, and program fundraising efforts.
· Build and sustain volunteer capacities to support Pathways to Progress and financial coaching service modules and other related and appropriate service and program efforts.
· Enact and operationalize assigned Catholic Charities services in a manner consistent with agency strategic planning, focusing on service integration, care coordination and service impact.
· Develop, enhance, and administer CCI standards of practice for Pathways to Progress services consistent with COA accreditation standards and applicable State of Idaho and CCI policy and procedure requirements.
· Participate in regular Leadership Team, program, and agency meetings.
· In partnership with the Executive Director, develop, communicate and implement effective program development strategies and processes that further agency mission and Catholic Charities mission.
Outreach and Engagement
· Provide a visible presence to the community and other external stakeholders to foster broad support for and awareness of the agency Pathways to Progress activities.
· Facilitate appropriate service partnerships to augment agency educational, financial wellness and asset building programming and to better assist those we serve.
· Maintain close working relationships with local Catholic parishes, schools, lay leaders and other Catholic ministries to engage them in and create support for the work and mission for the agency.
· Maintain close working relationships with business, public sector, non-profit, and community leaders to engage them in and create support for objectives of CCI Pathways to Progress activities.
· Acquire and maintain knowledge of the unique needs of financially disadvantaged and marginalized individuals and families, – particularly newcomer populations; tailor service programming to enhance access and effectiveness of service interventions if this region.
- Agency Sustainability
· Ensure that all assigned services are provided in accordance with applicable State and Local regulatory requirements, Catholic Charities Board Policies, Social Service Policies, and the Catholic Charities Code of Ethics and Code of Conduct.
· Maintain a thorough knowledge of social service principles, techniques and practices and their application to complex casework, group work, and community need.
· Possess knowledge of and ability to develop and manage program budgets; effectively manage assigned cost centers.
· Develop proposal and grant applications; management required reporting responsibilities as appropriate.
· Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
1. Master’s Degree in Social Work, Counseling or related human service degree from an accredited education institution strongly preferred; will consider years of experience equivalent to Master’s degree on case-by-case basis.
2. Contemporary understanding of family systems theory, best practice case management, and client empowerment essential. Knowledge of factors that contribute to pro-social behaviors, personal financial wellness; asset building and financial literacy strongly preferred.
3. Experience managing program services, personnel, and budgets required.
- Strong strategic, analytical, and organizational skills.
5. Strong communication and outreach skills with public speaking experience.
- Support for the mission of Catholic Charities of Idaho essential; working knowledge and understanding of Roman Catholic mission and Church structure preferred.
- Ability to work with diverse communities and cultures essential; cultural competence with Latino community (possessing an understanding of Latino cultures - specifically peoples immigrating from Mexico and Central America) strongly preferred; understanding and work history with newcomer populations, including refugees, preferred.
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
9. Ability to work well in a small office which requires outreach, relationship building with community and Catholic Charities colleagues located across state.
- Possess a valid Idaho driver’s license and proof of vehicle insurance at levels required by the agency.
- Criminal history clearance.
STANDARDS & PROTOCOLS
- Maintain professional image in attitude and dress.
- Exhibit loyalty, dependability, and punctuality.
- Uphold agency confidentiality standards; including client, donor, staff and volunteer information; ensure agency service and business information is held in strict confidence.
- Ability to drive and utilize agency or personal automobile for work purposes.
SALARY RANGE 6: $45,000 – $60,000 Annual
OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Interested candidates must complete an application and attach a cover letter and resume found at: https://ccidaho.org/about/employment/