Job Title: Outreach Account Lead
Time Frame: School Year: August –End of May or September- Mid June (must take 2 month break and then may return for another placement)
Department: Field/Student Series
Position Classification: Temp: 30-35 Hours/Week
The Outreach Account Lead supports The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society’s (LLS) signature fundraising campaign, Student Series, within assigned territory. Responsible for several aspects of Student Series including school recruitment and management, in-person visits, host assemblies, event wrap up, and other administrative duties as assigned.
Works under the supervision of Student Series Campaign Manager(s), in conjunction with fellow campaign staff, to accomplish assigned duties and responsibilities.
TEMPORARY POSITION PAID THROUGH A STAFFING AGENCYResponsibilities
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and coach schools to achieve fundraising goals through planning, customer service and stewardship.
- Identify and network with schools and coordinators in assigned counties to promote the fundraising campaign(s) and drive fundraising success.
- Metrics are set and must be met for number of commitments for Student Series programs like Pennies for Patients.
- Draft concise, effective and personable communications to volunteers, participants, and donors with oversight by Campaign Manager.
- Provide administrative assistance to campaign(s) through email, phone & website account management and Campaign 360 database.
- Perform other functions and activities as directed by the manager.
- Maintain a working knowledge of The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society mission and its programs to address them.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Possession of a valid Driver’s License
- Willingness to travel throughout assigned territory.
- 1-2 years’ professional or intern – level experience in a fundraising, communications, sales, marketing or related field.
- Advanced skills in the use of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) required.
- Experience in cold calling and sales outreach a plus.
- Experience with database management a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate effectively at all levels both internally and externally.
- Able to simultaneously manage a high level of detail across multiple projects.
- Able to demonstrate flexibility and quickly adapt to changes while maintaining high levels of productivity and effectiveness under pressure.
- Able to work well within a team environment, offering assistance and support to team members whenever necessary.
Physical Demands & Work Environment
- Required to use personal vehicle in the course of employment.
- In order to perform this job successfully an individual must meet the physical requirement necessary to complete the essential job duties. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job duties.
- The physical demands are minimal and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations.
- May be required to move Campaign materials weighing up to 15 pounds for various events.
- Able to work flexible hours to meet with schools during and outside school hours
- Familiarity with territory strongly encouraged.