Girl Scouts is the preeminent leadership development organization for girls offering programs from coast to coast and across the globe. Girl Scouts offers every girl a chance to practice a lifetime of leadership, adventure, and success.
Silver Sage Girl Scout Council is committed to providing a work environment of equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants and creating a work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and professionalism.
The Membership Coordinator is the Council’s primary representative in a particular geographic area and is the first line of support for volunteers. The success of Girl Scouts in communities is based on the effectiveness of the volunteer leadership over time. The Membership Coordinator is responsible for the development and recruitment of volunteers within their assigned geographic area. The Membership Coordinator empowers and engages adult volunteers to help build strong Girl Scouts communities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Recruitment Support & Advocacy
· Collaborate with the Membership Development Manager and Recruiter by supporting community recruitment events to engage new girl and adult members.
· Partner with experienced volunteers to tell the impact of Girl Scouts with the assigned geographic area with civic, business and thought leaders in order to motivate support for Girl Scouts in that community.
· Actively seek adults in Girl Scout communities that have the skill set to hold volunteer positions and that are not currently involved in Girl Scouting to grow the circle of new volunteers.
· Develop strong connections with Girl Scout volunteer leadership teams, which are called Service Units; and work with each Service Unit to provide an annual plan of work and how they will deliver the Girl Scout experience.
· Mentor the volunteers for succession and future leadership development.
· Ensure that volunteers have the tools necessary to provide a culture that is welcoming and provides an inclusive environment for troop volunteers and girls.
· Ensure training is provided to troop volunteers throughout the council within 30 days of onboarding; and follow up with new volunteers at regular intervals.
· Follow up with volunteer team, troops, and families to ensure girls re-register and help overcome any barriers preventing them from participating in the program.
· Provide assistance regarding troop finances; establishing accounts, monitoring account, and reviewing year end reports.
· Attend volunteer team (Service Unit) meetings and events to support the efforts and provide guidance to volunteers.
· Ensure that troop leaders are connected with members of their community and are aware of the support and services that Girl Scouts of Silver Sage can provide to assist with the success of the troop.
· Ensure troop volunteers are knowledgeable of the programs Girl Scouts offer.
· Monitor and provide support for problem solving and conflict resolution and volunteers.
· Coordinate with Customer Care Coordinator and other Membership staff to provide phone coverage for in-coming calls from a wide range of volunteers and customers.
· Keep accurate and up-to-date case management records in Salesforce CRM (Customer Relationship Management) system according to guidelines.
· Learn, use and continue training on applicable Salesforce technology to manage, support and track interactions with volunteer and members.
· Keep current on Product, STEM, GSUSA Portfolio, Outdoor and all Council Program information to provide support to volunteers.
· Adhere to Council and GSUSA policies, standards, procedures and Girl Scout Promise and Law.
· Support and promote the Council’s and GSUSA’s commitment to diversity, inclusion and pluralism.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· Associates Degree or equivalent experience in related field.
· Minimum of 2 years of volunteer management experience.
· Ability to leverage technology and sales skills to effectively connect with customers.
· Technical computer skills in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
· Girl Scout experience and passion for helping girls a plus.
· Knowledge of Salesforce or other CRM (customer relationship management) system a plus.
· Capable of lifting 25 pounds.
· Must be able to work irregular hours, including nights and weekends.
· Volunteer Relations/Management
· Customer Responsiveness
· Personal Integrity and Professional Conduct
· Time Management
· Strong organizational and time management skills
· Judgment and Decision-Making
· Conflict Management
· Oral/Written Communication