Girl Scouts of Silver Sage is seeking a sharp, clever, witty assistant looking to dive into and learn all about the world of nonprofit marketing and communications!
Girl Scouts is the world’s preeminent organization dedicated solely to girls, where in an accepting and nurturing environment girl build courage, confidence and character to make the world a better place. Headquartered in Boise, ID, Girl Scouts of Silver Sage Council serves nearly 6,000 girl and adult members from Southern Idaho, Eastern Oregon and Northern Nevada. We offer a collaborative environment with open communication and mutual respect. Work with a diverse group of professionals in a dynamic environment that empowers you to explore your full potential.
This paid internship will offer you valuable real-world experience and help prepare you for a career in public relations and social media marketing, including experience writing press releases, social media, blogs and web copy.
Details are not limited to: Internet research, writing (press-releases, blog posts, social media, ads, website content, promotions), publishing content, and more – all while upholding the mission of Girl Scouts!
LEARNING EXPERIENCES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
At Girl Scouts of Silver Sage, we’re always striving to serve a better experience to more girls, which means were looking at what we did right or wrong and how to get better. Your contribution could be the door we haven’t opened!
Social Media, Public Relations, and Communications:
· Formalize a continuous social media calendar identifying channels, themes, call-to-actions, key performance indicators and use distribution software to share awesome content (Hoot Suite, CoSchedule, etc.)
· Report results on campaigns and propose changes based on findings.
· Work with internal resources and membership to ensure content on social network sites is fresh, competitive and accurate and have a consistent look and feel throughout all web related properties and tie together with current campaign and brand voice.
· Monitoring relevant media coverage.
· Assisting in pitch development and deployment.
• Strong written and verbal communication, including exceptional grammar and editing skills.
• Good vibes and sense of humor.
• Team player. Great teams are better than all-star players, improvement comes through collaboration.
• Ability to work independently and prioritize.
• Ability to analyze data and produce required reports.
• Engaging in projects that produce meaningful work and making a positive contribution to girls’ lives.
• Exceptional networking, resume-building, and work experience opportunity.
• Internship experiences may be tailored to meet the student’s individual learning and development needs.
APPLICATION PROCESS (in addition to
completing university required internship application instructions) Submit your
resume with a cover letter and 2 samples of your work