Department: Marketing and Communications
Job: Marketing and Communications Director
Supervisor: Executive Director
Employee Status: Permanent, Full-time
Pay Rate: $40,000-52,000Assigned Work Location: Admin Office
The Marketing and Communications Director is responsible for all areas of marketing and communications management at aho Botanical Garden. The Marketing and Communications Director works within a team and key leaders to manage marketing and communication plans and implementation from conception to completion. The Marketing and Communications Director will expand the organizations customer and member base, build the brand, grow revenues and increase the organization's sustainability. This role is responsible for the successful creation, execution, and management of marketing strategies focused on online and email marketing, content management, customer retention/reactivation, public relations, social media, and management of outside contractors to support these efforts.
Areas of Responsibility
Oversee annual marketing planning process; develop, and implement strategic marketing plans.
- Establish financial and non-financial goals for IBG marketing initiatives; monitor and report performance of marketing initiatives to staff and board.
- Coordinate content and design of IBG marketing initiatives to ensure IBG branding and communications are integrated and aligned with strategy.
- Create and manage IBG content and foster and engage user-generated content to grow IBG's presence through social media channels.
- Develop thoughtful, targeted stories and press releases that maintain a favorable image of IBG for its various publics.
- Serve as editor of Thymes Newsletter; ensure features and content of newsletters motivate members to engage in IBG offerings and promote a sense of unity among the IBG community.
- Identify and engage outside contractors (e.g. graphic designers, website developers, videographers, copy editors, etc.) as necessary to implement IBG marketing initiatives; prepare creative briefs that outline IBG promotional aims, brand standards, etc. for outside contractors; ensure outside contractors meet marketing deliverables.
- Design and administer member and visitor surveys; analyze and disseminate that data to IBG staff and board to inform marketing and other service-delivery decisions.
- Maintain IBG marketing, PR, and social media calendars; ensure marketing initiatives adhere to yearly, quarterly, monthly, and weekly media flight schedules.
- Oversee regular maintenance and updates of IBG website; ensure that IBG's mission and purpose are reflected in the websites' content, imagery, branding, and navigation.
- Negotiate, purchase, and monitor paid advertising space and airtime on behalf of IBG; ensure effectiveness and audience reach outcomes for all IBG media buys.
- Other duties as assigned
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Training:
- Minimum of 3-5 years' experience in marketing and communications management
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, creative environment and to work well under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail and follow-through
- Exceptional organizational and diplomacy skills, decision-making skills and sound judgment
- Ability to adapt to challenges and opportunities with a solution-oriented perspective
- Computer proficiency essential
- Experience developing media strategy and managing media relations
- Demonstrated budget management proficiency
- Experience designing and implementing social media marketing campaigns
- Ability to design and administer visitor and member surveys
- Experience using marketing dashboards
Education and Experience
- BA/BS, preferably in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, or related field
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, Photoshop, In-design, or photography a plus
- Certified in Google Analytics
It is understood that this job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by Marketing and Communications Director within this job. But, this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.
Email cover letter, resume and a current sample of your portfolio to email@example.com by October 26th, 2018. Include Marketing and Communications Director in the subject line.