The Urban Land Institute is the preeminent multidisciplinary real estate organization, facilitating the open exchange of ideas, knowledge, and experience among local, national, and international industry leaders and policy makers dedicated to creating and sustaining thriving communities worldwide. Structured as a 501(c)(3), nonprofit, member-driven research and education organization, the Institute has more than 40,000 global members representing the entire spectrum of land use and real estate development disciplines, both in private enterprise and public service.
ULI’s strength comes from the collective intellectual capital and diverse on-the-ground experience of its membership. Members include real estate developers, builders, owners, investors, architects, public officials, planners, brokers, appraisers, attorneys, engineers, financiers, and academics. For these diverse constituents, ULI provides various educational programs, publications, forums and meetings, applied research, and advisory services.
The culture of ULI is focused on providing exceptional benefit to the member by leveraging its collective intellectual and experiential capital. The strength and value of the organization are deeply tied to connections made between members at all levels; ULI delivers its mission by inspiring, informing, and mobilizing its membership to improve the practices and policies that drive effective land use and urban development.
District councils support best practices in land use through education programs, mentoring, networking events, project tours, policy work, and advisory services. By offering nonpartisan, unbiased expertise to community leaders, district councils positively influence such issues as compact development, transportation, urban design, and workforce housing.
ULI Idaho serves the mission of ULI to provide leadership in the responsible use of land and in creating and sustaining thriving communities. facilitates an open exchange of ideas, information, and experience among industry leaders and policy makers dedicated to creating better places. Members say we provide information they can trust, and that is a place where leaders come to grow professionally and personally through sharing, mentoring, and problem solving.
For more information, visit and .
The Manager, working in close coordination with district council members, administers all aspects of coordinating programs and developing marketing and communications strategies for membership involvement and sponsorship support toward the advancement of goals and objectives of the district council. The Manager will maintain a close working relationship with the District Chair for local reporting and responsibilities.
In addition to the above-referenced responsibilities, the Manager will assist with the coordination of other district council responsibilities related to staffing committees, participating in strategic planning sessions; and creating budgets and recertification plans for yearly review. The Manager works directly with ULI members and vendors, especially the District Council Chair, members of the Executive Committee, and members of committees. The Manager develops and maintains relationships with local nonprofits, public agencies, community leaders, local universities, and other related professional groups.
· Manages, in close coordination with the District Council Chair, the planning and implementation of the district council’s program of work, including, subject to market factors:
o Programs and events throughout the region focused on, among other subjects, real estate trends, sustainability/smart growth, housing, infrastructure, and capital markets;
o Young Leaders Group programs and events;
o UrbanPlan Program;
o Policy & Practice initiatives;
o Local Technical Advisory Program panels;
o Local product councils (residential, commercial, others);
o Communications; and
o District Council Annual Report.
· Manages multiple volunteer committees to develop and meet goals and objectives for programs/community outreach, membership involvement, and sponsorship support.
· Responsible for coordinating small and large networking and educational programs/events.
· Oversee all logistics for securing speakers, venues, vendors, on-site staffing, handling transportation, print and digital marketing collateral, photography, audio-visual, signage, and insurance, etc., for programs and events.
· Oversee all budgets and track expenses and revenues for the district council and by programs, events, solicitations, etc.
· Handles all related financial and administrative tasks.
· Develops and maintains program calendar.
· Manages, creates, and/or updates all marketing and communications for the district council, including, but not limited to, the local district council website, newsletters, membership directories, social media, and press releases.
· Take and distribute minutes of all district council executive committee and committee meetings.
· Experience in fundraising and sponsorship recruitment. Oversee the fundraising efforts of the council to include grants and sponsorships in coordination with the fundraising committee. Steward new donors.
Professional Skills and Qualifications:
· Five years of experience in events planning, nonprofit management, or a related field.
· BA degree strongly desired.
· Computer skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook), WordPress, and PowerPoint. Knowledge of Photoshop or graphic design skills, a plus.
· Professional oral and written communication and interpersonal skills to work with senior business and public sector executives.
· Experience working with and managing volunteers.
· Ability to prioritize tasks and handle multiple tasks concurrently and completely, with responsible follow-through.
· Strong organizational and time-management skills.
· Use of personal vehicle is required for local travel.
· Some in-state and out-of-state travel may be required.
Expand HR Consulting has been retained to assist ULI with this search. To apply, please send a letter of interest and a résumé to Sharon Ossi, Human Resources Consultant, at email@example.com, with the subject line “Manager, ULI Idaho.” A list of ULI’s employee benefits can be found at http://uli.org/about-uli/career-opportunities/benefits/. EOE/m/f/d/v.