Division of Human Resources
304 N. 8th St., P.O. Box 83720
please contact us at:
Grant WriterManagement AssistantIdaho Public Television
Open for Recruitment: October 2, 2018 - October 29, 2018
Announcement # 05272003456
Salary Range: $18.50 - 19.06 per hour
Idaho Public Television is seeking a Part-time, Classified, Non-Benefited Management Assistant to write and manage our grants application process.
This position is approximately 19.5 hours per week and does not include benefits.
- Write high-quality grant proposal narratives, applications, and supporting documents
- Responsible for researching, lecting data, and writing of each grant
- Work with department managers to compile financials and data
- Manage the proposal submission process to ensure timely submission of all required materials
- Develops and maintains a proposal calendar
- Coordinate and follow-ups on the progress of submitted proposals
- Develops an annual grants strategy
- Conduct prospect research to entify, cultivate and solicit new grants
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Interpreting and applying regulations or policies and procedures.
- Planning, organizing, implementing, and evaluating special projects.
- Independently researching, compiling, developing and summarizing material for reports on a frequent or recurring basis.
- Analyzing information, entifying problems, defining alternatives and developing recommendations for management/administrators.
- Writing grants for capital projects and programs
Ideal candidates will have:
- 2-3 years of experience with grant writing and grant management in a non-profit or academic environment
- Experience in researching grants and foundations
- Record of successful grant prospecting, writing and reporting
- Excellent written and analytical skills
- Familiarity with basic contracts and agreements
- Understanding of budgets and financial statements
- Ability to communicate, coordinate and laborate with other staff and meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
- Technical writing, report writing, or expository writing experience
- Preference given for experience using Salesforce, GuideStar, Foundation Search, and/or Grants.gov
The examination is a rating of your education and experience. Enter your responses to the questions in the spaces provided in the examination. You must have the minimum level of experience or education described for each question addressing minimum requirements to qualify for this position. Scoring will be based on the information you provide. A minimum rating of 70 is needed to pass this examination. Notification of your test results will be available online when the review process is complete.
To preview the exam, click on the "Preview Exam" at the bottom of this page (you will not be able to take the exam from this screen). If you wish to take the exam, click on any Apply Online button and follow the instructions provided.
How to Apply:
Click on any Apply Online button and follow the instructions provided to complete the Application Checklist and Exam for this position. When updating your online application information, please :
- Idaho Public Television under "Agencies"
- Part-time under "Job Type/Shift"
- Boise under "Cities"
When updating your online application information, you must complete all items in the Application Checklist (this includes: Personal Information, Education, Work History, Cities, Agencies and Job Type/Shift). Without this information, your name cannot be referred to the hiring agency.
At the discretion of the appointing authority, compensatory time off may be provided in lieu of overtime cash compensation.
Hiring is done without regard to race, or, religion, national origin, sex, age or disability. In addition, preference may be given to veterans who qualify under state and federal laws and regulations. If you need special accommodations to satisfy testing requirements, please contact the Division of Human Resources.