Develops and administers human resources programs or services to improve the effectiveness of WCA staff and to meet the organization’s objectives. These programs and services include employee relations, performance management, staff recruiting/selection, employee training/development, salary administration and benefit/personnel administration, and staff event and meeting coordination. This position works closely with the Executive Director in the development of any new/revised HR policies or programs, as well as in close coordination with the WCA’s management team.
Essential Job Functions:
% of Time
· Employee Relations – Provides guidance and leadership to WCA management and employees to assist in resolving employee challenges, organizational issues and/or workplace dynamics, culture and compliance. Plans employee events, company picnic, holiday luncheon, all staff meetings etc.
· Performance Management – In collaboration with WCA management, continually improves performance management process and tools, educates staff on any changes and how to effectively use the process, monitors adherence to process requirements. Guides areas of discipline, corrective action, documentation, coaching and development.
· Recruiting/Selection – Develops revises and administers WCA recruiting/selection processes that meet the organization’s needs. Ensure regulatory compliance for applicant processes and agency as a whole.
· Benefit Administration – In collaboration with Executive Director and Controller, ensures the WCA provides a benefit package for employees that is cost effective and competitive. Administers 401K and COBRA.
· Personnel Administration – Develops and administers processes for basic personnel administration functions following compliance, e.g., personnel file maintenance/audits, workers' compensation/safety, leave of absence administration, new employee orientations, tracking of job requirements (TB tests, certifications, background checks, etc.).
· Job Descriptions, Communication and Reporting – Work with management to continually update and develop job descriptions. Provides staff communication through newsletter, all staff emails, be available to meet individually to address and assist with questions and concerns.
· Succession and Internal Development – Works closely with The Executive Director and HR Committee to assist with facilitation, support, and training for internal development planning, training and education programs, and succession activities to help facilitate internal succession opportunities for Management roles.
· Bachelor’s degree in business, HR, or closely related field
· 3 years human resources experience
· Regulatory compliance and Employee Law knowledge
· Audit skills
· Knowledge in relation to documentation for performance and disciplinary action.
· Ability to provide counseling to managers and staff in performance and discipline area.
· Ability to train and develop and work effectively with multiple departments.
· Budgeting and Financial knowledge
· 2 years in a leadership role
· Excellent organization, research skills, interview skills, assessment skills, training skills and administrative skills
· Time management
· Ability to professionally represent the WCA to the community, staff, Board and others
· Demonstrates a professional and positive attitude at all times
· Ability to multi-task, work under little supervision and meet all applicable deadlines
· Ability to adapt to multiple personality styles and works well and communicates well with clients, donors, volunteers, the general public, staff, and the Board of Directors
· Good knowledge and experience with word processing, database, and spreadsheet software
· Mature ability to handle potentially stressful situations
· Ability to work independently and as a team player
· Flexible and willing to take on a variety of projects