The Idaho Suicide Prevention Hotline (ISPH), a program of Jannus, provides crisis intervention, emotional support and resource referrals to all Idahoans. Jannus, Inc. is a forty-three year old nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization with more than 20 unique programs focused on promoting community health, advancing public policy and creating economic opportunity. With an annual budget of approximately $15 million from diverse funding sources (federal, state, private foundation grants, fee for service and donations), Jannus operates and provides services across the state of Idaho with seven locations and 130 employees. Jannus changes lives.
The Fund Development Specialist is a unique position providing fundraising support directly to the Idaho Suicide Prevention Hotline (ISPH) and providing technical assistance and support to all Jannus programs by managing our donor management system (Bloomerang). Essential duties for ISPH include cultivation of donor relationships, planning and executing fundraising events, and supporting the Director with presentations and other fundraising activities for the Hotline. The Bloomerang support function of this position will include providing technical assistance to Jannus program staff in conjunction with their fundraising efforts, and monitoring the database to assure accuracy.
This position will be split 20 hours/week with the Hotline and 10 hours/week with Jannus programs (supervised by the Chief Operating Officer). This position is benefit-eligible.
· Successful fundraising experience required; grant writing experience preferred;
· Demonstrated experience managing a donor database;
· Ability to maximize fundraising efficiencies through use of a robust database;
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including influential public speaking;
· Excellent time management skills;
· Strong ability to build positive professional working relationships and ability to work well in a diverse team environment;
· Excellent planning, organization, and problem solving skills;
· Impeccable attention to detail and demonstrated sense of urgency;
· Comfort with running reports and generating communications in a donor management system;
· Proficiency in PC-based word processing, spreadsheet (Excel) and PowerPoint;
· The ability to work both independently and as part of a team, the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks, and the ability to complete assigned projects under time constraints;
· Capacity to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with the array of individuals and organizations interested in supporting the state-wide work of the Idaho Suicide Prevention Hotline;
· Must have reliable transportation for travel to meetings within the Treasure Valley, a valid driver's license and able provide proof of state mandated liability insurance;
· Able to pass a criminal history and credit background check.
· High school diploma or general education degree (GED) with significant applicable experience required. Associate's or bachelor's degree strongly preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Works in general office environment and may travel to venues or other outside facilities where meetings are held and at community and fundraising events.
Must be able to tolerate heat and d, sitting, standing, walking, driving, repeated hand and wrist motions (for computer use) are required. May be required to lift up to 40 pounds.
TO APPLY: Complete the required Jannus, Inc. Employment Application available at and send with your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Or fax to 208.336.0880 or mail or deliver to 1607 W. Jefferson St., Boise, ID 83702 by Oct. 14, 2018.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of this job.
Jannus, Inc.is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer