Hands of Hope
Northwest (hereinafter “HOHNW”), a faith-based not-for-profit specializing in
the collection and distribution of medical equipment and supplies, seeks an
employee to serve as Finance Assistant at the HOHNW headquarters in Nampa,
Idaho. The Finance Assistant will report directly to the Executive Director and
will be responsible to the Board of Directors. The job is permanent, part-time,
and hours are 25-28 hours weekly:
Monday 8:30am-2:00pm, Tuesday-Friday 9:00am-2:00pm. Pay is $12.50 per hour.
· Ability to represent the values and spirit of a private, Christian charitable organization.
· Proficient knowledge of QuickBooks.
· Ability to work well with people, including staff, donors, clients, and volunteers.
· Proficient in using Microsoft Office products and able to learn other software programs. Knowledge of Bloomerang is a plus.
· Ability to prioritize tasks and create appropriate workflow strategies.
· Ability to speak clearly while using the telephone; have good verbal communication skills.
· Excellent written communication skills and attention to details.
· Ability to use copiers/printers, computers, and other office equipment.
· Enter donations into QuickBooks and Bloomerang software.
· Prepare deposits, as needed.
· Prepare payroll monthly.
· Prepare and file monthly, quarterly payments and forms.
· Process and pay accounts payable.
· Enter month-end journal entries.
· Reconcile multiple bank, credit card, and PayPal accounts monthly.
· Assist in preparation of IRS form 990 annually.
· Work closely with Board Treasurer in preparation of board report monthly.
· Assist the Executive Director and other staff members with any necessary tasks.
· Assist with fundraising events several times a year. These may occur after regular working hours.
· Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
Send resume and job application to Hands of Hope Northwest via email or by mail, Attention: Executive Director
Job Application can be found on the website.
Hands of Hope NW is an Equal Opportunity Employer