more than 60 years, the Central Washington Home Builders Association, a
501(c)(6), has served as the leading not-for-profit trade organization
dedicated to residential construction and remodeling in Central Washington. The
CWHBA works with government, public, business and community organizations in
six counties - Yakima, Klickitat, Kittitas, Chelan, Douglas and Okanogan. It is
an affiliate of the Building Industry Association of Washington and the
National Association of Home Builders.
The Central Washington
Home Builders Association is seeking a Executive Officer to serveas chief administrative officer. The Executive Officer recommends
and participates in ulation of new policies and makes decisions within the
bounds of existing policies. Plans, organizes, ects and coordinates the
staff, programs and activities to ensure the Association's goals and objectives
Accountability:The Executive Officer reports ectly to the CWHBA Board of ectors.
- Informs the Board of ectors, Executive Committee and Officers on the conditions and operations of the Association; attends all meetings of the Board of ectors and Executive Committee.
- Ensures all practices, activity, and decisions are prudent and lawful.
- Ensures the Association is in compliance with the bylaws and policies of the Building Industry Association of Washington and the National Association of Home Builders.
- Maintains the assets of the Association and investments in accordance with the established policies.
- Plans, ulates and recommends to the Board of ectors basic policies and programs which will further the objectives of the Association.
- Prepares minutes, agendas and reports for all Board of ectors and Executive Committee meetings.
- Executes all decisions of the Board of ectors except in cases when assignments are made specifically by the Board.
- Manages the administrative operations of the Association and develops specific policies, procedures and programs to carry out.
- Directs and coordinates all approved programs, projects and major activities of staff
- Recruits, hires, trains and motivates Association staff.
- Establishes performance standards and goals and evaluates staff.
- Provides liaison and staff support to committees to enable them to perform their assigned functions.
- Executes such contracts and commitments as may be authorized by the Board of ectors or established policies.
- Promotes to members interest and active participation in the Association's activities
- Maintains effective relationships with public and private organizations to ensure the interest of the Association is realized.
- Develops and recommends an annual budget in cooperation with the Treasurer and Executive Committee and operates within the confines of established guidelines.
- Ensures that all funds, physical assets and other property owned by the Association are appropriately safeguarded.
- Oversees implementation of public relations program to enhance public acceptance of the industry.
- Develops and coordinates legislative, regulatory and political efforts and maintains relationships with government officials and agencies impacting the industry.
- Safeguards confidential information as it applies to the daily functions of the Association and members.
- Carries out such other general responsibilities as may be delegated by the Officers and Board of ectors.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty in a satisfactory manner. Non-profit and employee management experience required. The qualifications listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Excellent administrative/interpersonal skills
2. Sufficient word processing skills
3. Excellent organizational/time management skills
4. Proficient communication/problem solving skills
5. Pleasant/professional customer service skills
6. Ability to work independently/effectively
7. Ability to travel efficiently from site to site using personal vehicle
Bachelor's degree in Business or related field and professional level experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience which provides knowledge, skills and abilities sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
Physical Demands:The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Maneuvering successfully, which may include sitting/standing/walking/riding for extended periods in all weather conditions
2. Safely maneuvering residential construction sites per state guidelines
3. Extensive typing/data entry
4. Periodic lifting/carrying/transporting of materials in excess of 40 lbs.
Work Environment:The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Estimated percentages of the manner in which the job would be performed are as follows but actual performance may require significant variance:
General Office -35%
Off-Site/Local Travel -65%