Idaho Conservation League (ICL) Executive Director works to achieve ICL’s mission to protect the air you breathe, the water you drink, and the lands you love through public education, citizen empowerment and professional advocacy.
ICL’s Executive Director:
- Exhibits passion for Idaho’s environment, celebrates teamwork and collaboration, convenes people to create a shared vision and is solutions oriented.
- Is committed to maintaining and developing ICL’s unique and productive culture, based on mutual respect, trust, and the mission, vision and values of the organization.
- Has strong interest and proficiency in fundraising (donors and foundations) and development
- Embodies a strong ethic and knowledge of Idaho’s conservation and political landscape.
- Inspires passion and commitment of staff and stakeholders.
In partnership and collaboration with the staff and board, the Executive Director is responsible for organizational leadership, development and implementation of ICL’s strategic plan, cultivating financial resources necessary to support the organization and the development of ICL’s professional staff. The Executive Director is also responsible for developing and maintaining strong working relationships with external stakeholders---governmental, economic, other conservation organizations, foundations, donors and members.
Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 10 years experience as a proven leader in conservation. Higher level degree preferred.
The competitive candidate will have demonstrated skills, experience and accomplishments in the following areas:
- Clear understanding and passion for ICL’s mission and values
- Transparency, integrity and authenticity combined with a dedication to the principles of inclusion and equity
- Knowledge and understanding of the landscape for conservation work within Idaho
- An understanding of climate change and its specific impact on Idaho
- Experience leading an organization or program of significant size, visibility and effectiveness
- Fundraising and development
- Staff management and development
- Strategic vision and leadership
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
The following additional specific skills and experience are also critical:
- Ability to collaborate and bring people with varying backgrounds and beliefs to the table to find pragmatic, win-win solutions regarding public lands and protection of Idaho’s environment
- Contacts and connections within Idaho Conservation League’s communities, relevant agencies elected officials and other key stakeholders in Idaho and beyond.
- Experience operating within Idaho’s conservation, economic and political landscape
Compensation and Benefits:
This position is full-time, exempt, and located in Boise, Idaho, with some travel required throughout the state and region. Idaho Conservation League offers a comprehensive wage and benefits package, including medical and vision insurance, Simple IRA with 3% match, generous PTO, 10 paid holidays and more. Idaho Conservation League is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal and Idaho employment laws.
Submit a cover letter and resume, along with a minimum of 3 personal and 3 professional references, to ICLjobs@idahoconservation.org
Review of applications will begin immediately. To be considered, applications must be received by Tuesday, Jan. 15th at 5 pm, Mountain Time.