1455 N. Orchard Street
If you have questions,
Education Outreach Coordinator
Idaho Public Television
Open for Recruitment: September 25, 2018 - October 26, 2018
Announcement # NONCLS029192
Salary Range: $18.00 - $20.00 per hour
SPECIAL NOTIFICATION: This position is exempt from classified state service and the rules of the Division of Human Resources and the Idaho Personnel Commission.
Idaho Public Television is seeking a dynamic,
collaborative life-long learner who is also an
experienced, tech-savvy educator.
This is a part-time (approximately 19 hours/week), non-benefited position operating out of Idaho Public Television's offices on the University of Idaho campus in Moscow, Idaho.
Primary Role & Responsibilities:
The Education Outreach Coordinator will be trained and mentored by Idaho PTV's education staff and assist with forming collaborations with partners to advance Idaho PTV's educational efforts in northern Idaho.
The project focus will be on utilizing current and new programs to increase teacher engagement, student achievement and community connections.
Primary responsibilities will be to:
- Provide educational programs to children and families in high-need communities in northern and north/central Idaho
- Provide technology integration support to teachers
- Actively utilize digital platforms to engage and grow connections within the local teacher community
- Develop and expand collaborations with other educational organizations in northern Idaho
- Identify new areas of opportunity for sharing resources and offering programs
- Two years' experience teaching in a school setting
- Experience sharing teaching practices that integrate digital media and technology in the classroom
- Experience providing educational programs to children of varying ages
- Current driver's license and ability to travel to locations throughout northern Idaho
- Bachelor's in education or educational technology
- Experience sharing content and ideas through social media
- Experience teaching in a school with a high percentage of school age children living below the poverty line
- Experience developing and making presentations to peers or community groups
- Familiarity with PBS Learning Media or equivalent
- Educational technology coursework and/or experience
How to Apply:
Please send the following documents to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org :
- An up-to-date resume detailing your qualifications for this position
- A cover letter expressing your reasons for applying for the position
Thank you for your interest in Idaho Public Television!
Hiring is done without regard to race, or, religion, national origin, sex, age or disability. In addition, preference may be given to veterans who qualify under state and federal laws and regulations. If you need special accommodations to satisfy testing requirements, please contact the Division of Human Resources.