Director of Development, Kasiska Division of Health
Posting Number: req661
Division of Health Sciences
Pocatello - Main
Idaho State University invites applications for the position of Director of Development – Kasiska Division of Health Sciences (KDHS). This individual will manage and develop a significant portfolio of major gift prospects. Under the direction of the Associate Vice President for Development and in consultation with the Vice President of Health Sciences and the Deans of the Colleges of Nursing, Communication and Rehabilitation Sciences, and Health Professions, the selected candidate will be directly responsible for the identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of major gift prospects. The position will raise funds from the Division's natural constituencies including alumni, parents, friends, corporations, and foundations. The successful candidate for this position should have a distinguished record of personal engagement and achievement in major/principal gifts and/or campaigns and some knowledge of annual giving. Three to five years of progressively responsible and successful fundraising experience, preferably in higher education, is desired. Successful candidates will display an unusual ability to build effective relationships with a diverse group of key internal and external constituents and will demonstrate capability to enhance team performance. Exceptional written and verbal communication skills are essential, including active listening skills.
The position requires a travel time commitment of approximately 50%.
This position is responsible for all fundraising in the KDHS, excluding the College of Pharmacy, but will coordinate with the director of development for the College of Pharmacy.
The position could be located in Pocatello or Meridian.
- Identifies, qualifies, cultivates, solicits and stewards major gift prospects within assigned unit.
- Develops and maintains a portfolio of 150 major gift prospects.
- Assists with capital campaigns of the Idaho State University Foundation and coordinates with the VP of Health Sciences to develop the case for support for the Division of Health Sciences.
- Develops and coordinates special campaigns at the unit level.
- Keeps accurate and complete records of moves management process and follows prescribed strategies for cultivating, soliciting and acting as a steward of major gifts.
- Drives and manages major gift development activities of the Vice President, Dean and other leaders in the Division.
- Works within a system of metrics including benchmarks of 220 personal visits, 25 major gift solicitations and a prescribed number of new prospects identified annually. The Director of Development for the KDHS will work to achieve an annual fundraising goal set by the ISUF and the Vice President of Health Sciences.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 3 years of fundraising or related experience.
Advanced degree in a relevant field and successful experience in major gift development and donor relations.
Apply online at: https://isu.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=661&site=1
Please submit the following documents with your application:
Please submit a cover letter, resume, a writing sample such as a significant gift request or other proposal, and a list of three (3) professional references with contact information.
Priority consideration will be given to applications received by August 23, 2018. However, the position will remain open until filled. The approved salary is $80,000 - $90,000 annually, commensurate with education and experience. Includes a competitive benefits package. Offers of employment may be conditional pending successful completion of a background investigation.
Idaho State University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We have an institution-wide commitment to inclusion and diversity and encourage all qualified individuals to apply. Veterans' preference. Upon request, reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to individuals with disabilities.