REPORTS TO: Executive Director and Chief Operating Officer
THE ORGANIZATION: Faces of Hope Foundation is a non-profit raising support and community awareness for victims of domestic violence, sexual assault, child abuse and elder abuse. The mission is to reduce victimization with a safety net of crisis services including legal, medical, and educational support at the Faces of Hope Victim Center.
JOB SUMMARY: The Director of Development and Communications plays an integral role in promoting the non-profit and the Faces of Hope Victim Center in Boise. The director will develop a yearly plan and budget in conjunction with the executive director and s/he will lead and participate in the execution of that plan. The director will also develop a communications strategy that will raise community awareness regarding the victimization of domestic violence, sexual assault, child abuse and elder abuse.
JOB DESCRIPTION: The Director of Development will work in partnership with the Executive Director in establishing Faces of Hope Foundation fund-raising goals and strategies. The Director of Development has primary responsibility for planning, organizing, and directing fundraising initiatives and activities including the major gifts program, annual fund, planned giving, special events and capital campaigns. The Director of Development is responsible for the development and implementation of the annual giving plan including cultivating and maintaining relationships with new and existing donors and supporters, developing and building a Major Gifts Program and researching and writing grant proposals. The Director is also responsible for managing the Light of Hope Event, and for continuously identifying and assessing new fundraising opportunities. As a member of the senior management team, the Director of Development participates in strategic planning and budgeting initiatives, leadership meetings, and organizational problem solving. The Development Director works within the Faces of Hope Foundation guidelines, policies and mission and will be accountable and responsible for specific projects assumed by their department.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Meet prospective donors on a continual basis to establish effective communications with them.
- Grow a major gifts program including identification, cultivation and solicitation of major donors.
- Manage the fundraising special events, including the Light of Hope Event. Management responsibilities include but are not limited to organizing a volunteer committee, solicitation of sponsors, auction items, gifts in kind, and sponsorships; budget development and management; project plan development management and evaluation; and volunteer recruitment and support of the volunteer committee.
- Oversee grant seeking efforts including research, proposal writing, and reporting requirements (including state & federal grants).
- Work closely with the Executive Director and the Chief of Operations for the Faces of Hope Victim Center.
- Serve as key staff to the Board of Director’s Event Committee.
- Serve as key staff to special fundraising campaigns, e.g. Idaho Gives.
- Oversee fundraising database and tracking systems.
- Oversee creation of publications to support fundraising activities.
- Maintain gift recognition programs (i.e., donor stewardship).
- Develop and implement an integrated, organization-wide strategic communications plan to broaden awareness of the non-profit sector and strengthen Faces of Hope’s brand identity across key stakeholder audiences.
- Create a public marketing strategy that will allow the Board of Directors to cultivate and enhance meaningful relationships with targeted high-level audiences, including the media, public officials and key influencers.
- Demonstrate professional conduct at all times.
- Perform other related duties as requested.
- Must embrace Faces of Hope mission.
- Have experience in professional fundraising with a record of proven success.
- Have a bachelor’s degree (or a seasoned track-record in fund development).
HOW TO APPLY: Interested parties are asked to submit a cover letter and resume to the Chief Operating Officer, Jean Fisher email@example.com and copied to the Board Treasurer, Amy Wray firstname.lastname@example.org.