Essential Job Functions:
The Development/Fundraising Coordinator is responsible for all aspects of planning, implementing, coordinating and assessing fundraising and philanthropic activities for the Children’s Home Society of Idaho (CHS). The Development/Fundraising Coordinator manages all aspects of:
- Grant Writing – Research, plan, write and manage all aspects of grants. Including preparing associated reports.
- Community Relations – Serving as an ambassador for CHS, cultivate strong, positive relationships with grant managers, foundation executives and community organizations.
- Individual Giving –Manage all efforts aimed at increasing individual donations – including the development and management of the CHS giving campaigns.
- Corporate Sponsorships—Secure sponsorships for major fundraising events.
- Events – Manage, develop and oversee fundraising events, such as the annual gala, ensuring that financial and relational goals are met. Coordinate and manage staff and volunteers at events.
- Marketing – with strong marketing skills, work in partnership with marketing coordinator to enhance fundraising efforts.
- Annual Fundraising Goals – Meeting established goals within specified timeframe.
Donor Relations: Manage all aspects of donor relations including efforts to recognize donors and demonstrate appreciation. Collect, record, organize and analyze donor data utilizing CRM software.
Community Partnerships: Conduct efforts that help CHS gain visibility in the community among existing and potential donors (foundations, individuals and corporate sponsors). Ensure development of partnerships with like agencies for maximum impact on CHS service population and the community as a whole.
Budget: Advise ED on fundraising and program methods and budgets.
Technology: Understand all aspects of existing donor/fundraising software and systems. Recommend changes and updates that enhance efficiencies, accurate data collection and ease of use.
Other duties as assigned.
Essential Job Requirements:
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in business management, marketing, communication or related field preferred.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of three (3) years fundraising, grant and report writing, public relations, community relations, marketing, and/or related field. .
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE: Must possess strong verbal and written command of language. Must have knowledge of and experience using a variety of marketing communication mediums (social media, newsletters, blogs, web content, PR, media). A strong understanding of fundraising and campaign planning, as related to business objectives is vital, as is the ability to multi-task and manage competing deadlines. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office programs, and some basic Adobe programs.
PREFERRED SKILLS: Strong leadership and interpersonal skills. Excellent communication abilities and effective public speaking. Shows initiative, drive and passion for the organization’s mission and service population. Has a desire to help shape perception of organization in efforts to achieve fundraising goals. Must possess creativity and ability to plan, manage, and execute original ideas that are on strategy as related to CHS donor population. Must also possess strong organizational, reporting and project management skills.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and stand. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands and have finger dexterity; reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus