Live, work, and play in Idaho’s Treasure Valley. Known as the "City of Trees," Boise is Idaho's capital city—both a cultural center and a playground for those who love the outdoors. A vibrant downtown area affords fine dining, theatre, music, and college and semi-professional sports. The Greenbelt follows the beautiful Boise River corridor for more than 30 miles, and the Boise foothills are home to miles of hiking and biking trails.
Catholic Charities of Idaho is seeking a dynamic Development Director that is aligned with our mission to alleviate, reduce, and end poverty for those we serve. We are a small but growing organization that is committed to innovation and impact. This means being part of a team that is “re-imagining” the field of social services in a way that truly improves the lives of those we serve. We are a start-up culture with a heart and we are looking for you.
You are a polished development professional with extensive sales and fundraising experience. You understand how to navigate the who's who of the donor world to find the right alignment of interests and passion for giving. You can build rapport with anyone, anytime, anywhere, and know how to maintain relationships in a way that makes others feel valued and informed, but not overwhelmed by aggressive pressure.
You work collaboratively with the Executive Director, Board of Directors, and Leadership Team to create and implement fundraising strategies that will increase the agency’s support from major donors, including individuals, corporations, foundations, and other sources. You partner well with the Executive Director and other staff to provide agency and service information relevant to fundraising goals and donor interests. You expertly manage and strengthen relationships with donors and all related stakeholders.
You work well both individually and on a team. You are an active listener, have experience selling services and mission and understand our faith tradition. You can translate that to anyone with an interest in our work, and are looking to be part of a team-oriented organization where you can be proud of the work and services you represent.
You find prospective donors, draw them into the mission and work of Catholic Charities, share the stories of those we serve, and promote our vision of ending poverty. While you have plenty of support from the team, you need to be internally motivated to meet fundraising goals. This is an individual contributor position with the potential to help shape and grow a larger development department in the future.
This is a part-time, 30 hour a week position for the first year. We’ll work with your schedule and availability!
● Five to seven years of development and sales experience, with a proven track record as a fundraising professional.
● Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or other related field.
● Experience “selling” the work of a mission oriented non-profit, preferably faith-based.
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
● Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills.
● Strong commitment to Catholic Charities’ mission and identity; good understanding of Catholic Church structures and social and pastoral activities.
● Raiser’s Edge fundraising software or equivalent preferred.
● Ability to articulate a compelling case for agency service philosophy and programs; ability to influence and persuade.
● Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality related to agency and donor financial information.
● Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships, motivate and work effectively with an Executive Director, board members, service staff, supporters, donors, and volunteers.
● Ability to work within and support a culturally diverse work environment.
Comprehensive benefit package includes health, vacation, and retirement. Salary commensurate with experience: Range equivalent to $30 to $36/hr.
Complete the online application at http://ccidaho.org/about/employment/. In addition, please upload a cover letter and resume. In your cover letter, tell us why you are a great fit for the role and share with us the largest gift you’ve secured and what steps you took to facilitate that donation. This is an opportunity to let your personality shine through so please write your cover letter in your authentic voice.