Job Announcement: Development Associate
First-Round Application Review: October 1, 2018
Conservation Voters for Idaho protects Idaho's environment and quality of life by informing, engaging, and empowering citizens who care about our natural heritage and healthy communities. A critical component to the success and sustainability of our organization is ensuring that we have a strong and robust base of supporters throughout the state. The Development Associate cultivates and renews annual donors, expands our monthly donor program, and cultivates CVI's broader membership. The Associate plays a key role in the sustainability and growth of our fundraising through database management, donor outreach, retention, and follow up.
The Associate develops and implements fundraising strategies that build and enhance CVI's relationship with our donors and members. The ideal candidate for this position has a passion for fundraising to expand CVI's impact and desires to be mentored and supported in their growth in the field of philanthropy. This position reports to the Development & Operations Director.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Implement development plan by carrying out and creating strategies for CVI annual donors to give more to the organization annually and over time.
- Steward monthly donor program to increase number of monthly donors and current monthly donor giving amounts, and cultivate them to give for additional campaigns.
- Coordinate with CVI field team to create strategies that inspire members to become donors and ascend meaningful ladders of engagement.
- Assist development team through call time planning, database management, research, record keeping, and donor follow up.
- Coordinate fundraising events during the year, including the Green Tie, to better engage supporters, bring in funding, and expand our membership base.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Applicants should have:
- Passion and enthusiasm for fundraising to expand CVI's programs and statewide impact.
- The ability to create and cultivate strong, genuine relationships with individuals and stakeholders.
- Passion for the organization's mission and a desire to be an ambassador in our work.
- Good project management skills with a strong focus on details, preparation, organization and coordination.
- Problem-solving orientation.
- Ability to work under own initiative as well as part of a team.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule and travel within Idaho.
- Familiarity and experience with databases.
- Experience in planning and implementing fundraising projects to meet revenue goals.
This is a full time position based in Boise. Salary range is $30,000-$40,000 depending upon experience with competitive benefits including healthcare and retirement. This position requires some evening and weekend work.
CVI is committed to providing a fulfilling professional experience for our staff. Investing in our employees, supporting their professional growth, and creating a workplace that is committed to excellence and works to create lasting change for Idaho is the foundation of our work. The Associate will be given access to external professional development opportunities and trainings, and will have ongoing internal mentoring and development built into their work plans. CVI seeks to build, mold, and mentor the associate for success in the field of philanthropy.
Send a resume and cover letter that addresses your interest in the position, passion for fundraising, and enthusiasm for advancing CVI's mission in this role to email@example.com with the subject line Development Associate.