PTV Development AssociateIdaho Public Television
Open for Recruitment: August 17, 2018 - September 6, 2018
Announcement # 05352064777
Salary Range: $14.49 - $15.50 per hour -Plus Competitive Benefits!
This position will support IdahoPTV fundraising,
special projects, and donor relations work
which brings award–winning programming
to viewers throughout Idaho.
Idaho Public Television’s fundraising practices
have earned a four star rating from Charity Navigator.
- Supports the donor fundraising cycle and implements plans and strategies as assigned by supervisor
- Fosters exemplary customer service and long-term member engagement and investments by providing high quality interactions for public television donors at all stages of the relationship
- Communicates with donors via email, phone or in person to resolve issues or enhance donor experience
- Assists with writing letters and coordinating the donor acknowledgment and thank you process
- Provides support for and/or coordinates episodic telemarketing program, direct mail process and digital outreach within the membership department
Oversees functions of the ancillary sales office
- Ordering, and maintaining inventory control, collecting payments for videos of PBS and Idaho Public Television productions
Coordinates fundraising projects for membership
- Assists with ticket assignments and communication with donors, coordinating meet and greet events, and on-site management
- Inputs member information into Allegiance database
- Assists membership department with on-air fundraising campaigns – researches thank-you gifts, solicits food/beverage and related donations for fundraising activities, coordinates volunteers, assists on-site during event to train and support volunteers and staff
- Experience performing professional fundraising to include designing, planning and implementing fundraising projects
- Experience planning and implementing fundraising projects while working within established budgets and revenue goals
- Experience preparing a variety of print and digital communications/correspondence
- Experience training and supervising staff and/or volunteers
- Experience using digital communications/marketing tools
- Good knowledge of: Microsoft Word; Microsoft Excel; Microsoft Outlook
The following are not required, but may increase your score on the examination:
- Experience coordinating major projects/events to include soliciting gifts or donations
- Experience using a CRM software product
- Experience using Constant Contact or equivalent software product
The examination is a rating of your education and experience. Enter your responses to the questions in the spaces provided in the examination. You must have the minimum level of experience or education described for each question addressing minimum requirements to qualify for this position. Scoring will be based on the information you provide. A minimum rating of 59 is needed to pass this examination. Notification of your test results will be available online when the review process is complete.
How to Apply:
Please highlight the link below, then right click and then chose the same link inside the box and it will take you to the website.
- When completing your online application information, please select:
- Idaho Public Television under "Agencies"
- Full-time under "Job Type/Shift"
- Boise under "Cities."
When updating your online application information, complete/update all items in the Application Checklist. (This includes: Personal Information, Education, Work History, Cities, Agencies and Job type.) Without this information your name can't be referred to the hiring Agency.
Thank you for applying with
Idaho Public Television!
At the discretion of the appointing authority, compensatory time off may be provided in lieu of overtime cash compensation.
Hiring is done without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age or disability. In addition, preference may be given to veterans who qualify under state and federal laws and regulations. If you need special accommodations to satisfy testing requirements, please contact the Division of Human Resources.