Our Mission Statement: The Idaho Youth Ranch provides troubled children a bridge to a valued, responsible and productive future. We are a catalyst for positive change.
Based in Idaho's thriving capital city of Boise, Idaho Youth Ranch is a state-wide, multi-service agency serving at-risk boys, girls, and their families. One of Idaho's largest and best-known nonprofit organizations, IYR cares for youth whose lives have been altered by traumatic events, which may include abuse, neglect, loss, substance abuse, violence, mental illness, and homelessness. IYR offers emergency shelter, residential care, youth and family therapy, job readiness training and more - transforming angry, scared young people into resilient and capable adults.
Idaho is among the states with the highest prevalence of youth who have experienced multiple traumatic events, and the state is in a period of rapid growth. To meet the increasing need for its services, IYR has adopted a bold strategic vision to:
· Develop a best-in-class system to treat trauma and build resilience in kids;
· Lead a trauma care movement in Idaho;
· Be the leading youth-serving organization in the region; and
· Create a sustainable business model that supports these goals.
At this exciting time of transformation and opportunity, the Idaho Youth Ranch seeks a highly experienced and mission-driven Chief Executive Officer. The CEO will provide inspired leadership internally and externally, strategic and managerial acumen, and superior communications and relationship-building abilities. This individual will be a leader and advocate in Idaho and nationally in preventing and healing the impacts of trauma, creating promising futures for kids and families.
The Chief Executive Officer will be responsible for the overall success of Idaho Youth Ranch, providing internal and external leadership for all aspects of IYR. The CEO will formulate strategic priorities collaboratively with the Board of Directors, develop and execute business plans in alignment with IYR's mission and strategy, and provide operational and financial oversight of IYR to ensure ongoing sustainability. The CEO will provide leadership and expertise in setting and achieving fundraising goals, and inspire staff, Board members, donors and stakeholders in a shared vision for the Idaho Youth Ranch.
The new CEO for Idaho Youth Ranch will possess the personal and professional attributes and competencies required for success in these key areas of responsibility:
Passion for the Mission
Demonstrates passion for the mission of Idaho Youth Ranch and a commitment to the goals of the organization.
Partners with the Board of Directors and provides leadership to the executive team and staff to ensure organizational effectiveness and successful achievement of IYR's mission, goals, and objectives.
Fundraising & Community Relations
Serves as a primary ambassador and the "face" of IYR to actively and positively shape public perception and support of IYR.
Financial and Operational Management
Provides oversight to ensure effective execution and accountability of IYR operations. Develops, deploys and oversees resources in a manner that ensures the financial health of IYR.
The incoming CEO will possess many, though perhaps not all, of the following desired characteristics, experience and skills:
· Genuine passion for the Idaho Youth Ranch mission
· 10+ years of senior management experience; nonprofit management experience preferred
· Proven record of transparent, collaborative, inspirational, and high-integrity leadership
· Proven ability to create and implement a strategic vision in alignment with organizational mission
· Ability to develop and execute business plans and provide oversight in alignment with strategic and organizational goals/objectives
· Exceptional financial and business acumen as well as a strong entrepreneurial spirit to effectively lead a large, complex nonprofit organization
· Demonstrated ability to be results-driven and an impactful agent of organizational change
· Proven ability to work collaboratively and in partnership with a Board of Directors
· Superior leadership and interpersonal skills that foster a team environment
· Demonstrated success in a significant and recurring fundraising role as well as knowledge of fundraising strategies and donor relations unique to the nonprofit sector
· Strong relational, collaborative, consensus-building, and networking skills to engage and partner with Board members, donors, external stakeholders, and volunteers
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills, exceptional public speaking ability, and demonstrated ability to positively represent IYR to the community
· Strong organizational abilities including planning, delegating, program development, and accountability
· Excellent time management, problem solving, judgement, negotiation, and decision-making abilities
· Bachelor's degree required; master's degree in business or related field preferred
· Must be able to relocate to Boise, Idaho
The Idaho Youth Ranch has engaged Sheila Hennessey to help in this hire. Please direct inquiries and submit a current resume to email@example.com.