Position overview: Friends of Zoo Boise is seeking a part-time contract bookkeeper to be responsible for all accounting aspects as well as some human resource responsibilities. The position takes 15-20 hours per month, on average.
Works to: Zoo Director and Assistant Director.
Schedule: Work is done remotely except for one weekly meeting at the zoo. Some time at special events may be included.
- Process semi-weekly payroll including funding employees’ retirement accounts, paying payroll taxes and reporting PTO.
- Enter invoices and print checks on a weekly basis. Enter manual checks.
- Post all deposits and track restricted funds.
- Reconcile bank statement.
- Reconcile donor deposits in Quickbooks to Giftworks donor software on a monthly basis.
- Prepare Board reports.
- Prepare tax schedules for the 990 tax return.
- Interface with Ameriben regarding the 403B retirement plan including preparing the census for the tax return and funding the employer match.
- Set up new employees in QBs, add to health insurance and set up retirement accounts.
The candidate will be hourly and hired on a contract basis (no benefits are available). The preferred candidate will hold an Accounting or Finance degree or have relevant experience in Non-Profit Accounting. Candidate should be familiar with QuickBooks. CPA designation is preferred but not required.
Please send completed resume to:
355 Julia Davis Drive
Boise, ID 83702
Or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Open until filled.