To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter and resume to the email address provided. No phone calls please.
Position Title: MATCH SUPPORT SPECIALIST
Exempt Starting Salary $27,000 to $33,000
Department: Program Team
Location: Boise Office
Reports To: Program Director or CEO
Number of People Supervised: 0
Essential to the BBBS brand, the primary function of this position is to provide match support to ensure child safety, positive impacts for youth, constructive and satisfying relationships between children and volunteers, and a strong sense of affiliation with BBBS on the part of volunteers.
Performance Measures: The successful incumbent will produce positive outcomes in the following areas: match closure rate, match retention rate, average match length, volunteer rematch rate, survey completion, match support contact completion, new matches and customer satisfaction.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Continually assess the match relationship focusing on: child safety, match relationship development, positive youth development and volunteer satisfaction. Real and/or potential problems and barriers are identified, addressed and resolved as early as possible. Match support is provided on a frequency according to BBBS Standards, at a minimum.
- Assess and provide for individual training needs, information and support needs for each match participant to assure a positive youth development experience for the child, and successful and satisfying experience for the volunteer
- Ensure high-level expertise in applying child safety and risk management knowledge, policies and procedures throughout all aspects of job function.
- Develop strategic interventions to identify and strengthen match relationships that require extra support to continue to grow.
- Develop, promote and implement individual and group match activities to support ongoing volunteer involvement with the child and agency affiliation through individualized recognition, annual events, and reengagement strategies.
- Effectively utilize surveys, to assess match impact on youth development.
- Conduct exit interview by phone with all parties at match closure. Assess reasons for match closure and re-match potential.
- Share with development and/or marketing staff potential partnership relationships as discovered through volunteers’ and parents’ employers and affiliations.
- Identify and promote re-engagement of volunteers as Bigs, board members, and donors in other volunteer capacities.
- Consult with other service delivery staff and/or supervisor as appropriate.
- To ensure quality services and measurable outcomes, maintain accurate and timely records for each match according to standards and utilize technology to report, synthesize and analyze data.
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION& RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE
Education Level: Minimum Bachelor’s degree in social services, human resources or related field preferred. Bilingual in Spanish preferred.
Years of Related Work Experience : Assessment and relationship development experience with child and adult populations; understanding of child development and family dynamics. Must have car, valid driver’s license, and meet state required automobile insurance minimums.
Skills and Knowledge
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office; including Word, Outlook, and Excel
- Excellent oral and written communication skills reflecting solid customer service both in-person and telephone.
- Ability to form and sustain appropriate child, adult volunteer-based relationships based on positive youth development and volunteer satisfaction
- Ability to effectively assess and execute the following relational support skills: guiding, supporting, confronting, advising and/or negotiating
- Ability to relate well in multicultural environments;
- Ability to effectively collaborate with other volunteer match staff;
- Ability to use time effectively;
- Ability to focus on details.
- Ability to collect meaningful data and draw solid conclusions.
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS (local travel) 20%
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Minimal physical requirements to include sitting at work station, inputting information into computer; normal office environment. Flexible work hours to meet customer needs. If home visitation or in person visitation is needed, must travel to local communities, schools and neighborhoods. Must be available to work 3-4 evenings per week and some weekends.