JANNUS’ CORE VALUES: Compassion. Respect. Diversity. Creativity. Entrepreneurship.
The Idaho Office for Refugees (IOR) promotes mutual understanding between refugees and the larger community by sharing information, encouraging social interaction and developing opportunities for people who arrived as refugees to participate in all aspects of community life.
The Idaho Office for Refugees (IOR) is seeking an innovative and energetic Project Manager to improve and expand English language and other learning opportunities for adult new Americans in Southwest Idaho. The Adult Education and Training Project Manager will provide leadership, coordination, support and vision to IOR funded agencies, programs, and community partners to plan, promote, implement and coordinate evidence-based English Language Instruction and additional training opportunities to help refugees achieve self-sufficiency and thrive economically. The Project Manager will work with the English Language Center to improve access to language learning opportunities and related outcomes. This position will also work with resettlement agencies, community schools, colleges and universities in Boise, Meridian, and Twin Falls, along with other community partners to coordinate adult learning opportunities that support newly arrived refugees. The Project Manager will help create opportunities for new Americans to gain new skills as they and their families integrate economically, socially, and civically into the community.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
LANGUAGE AND LEARNING COORDINATION & OVERSIGHT
TARGETED ASSISTANCE FOR NEEDY FAMILIES (TANF) PROGRAMS
SUSTAINABILITY, EVALUATION, & REPORTING
· Develop service provider contracts and MOUs, conduct evaluation of project performance, oversee data collection for related program services, seek additional private and government funding, and produce reports and updates as required by funders;
Regular and predictable attendance is an
essential function of this position.
● Believes in and committed to the mission and values of the Idaho Office for Refugees;
● Proven success in English Language/adult education programing, design, development and evaluation;
● Experience teaching adult ESL;
● Direct management, implementation and coordination experience that is analytical and results oriented;
● Self-motivated and directed. Works well in rapidly-changing environment;
● Highly collaborative and proven ability to build community partnerships to meet the needs of learners;
● Ability to think critically and creatively to identify solutions and focus on continuous improvements;
● Organized, detail oriented, and ability to prioritize, make decisions, and meet deadlines;
● Ability to market programs and communicate both orally and in writing with a variety of public entities;
● Ability to apply independent and sensitive judgment to a variety of situations faced by refugees;
● Research experience preferred;
● Experience managing budgets and contracts;
● Grant writing experience;
● Multilingual and multicultural experience highly desirable;
● Valid driver’s license, access to a reliable vehicle and ability to provide proof of state required liability insurance;
● Able to pass a criminal history background check.
● Master’s in TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages)/Applied Linguistics, Education, Public Administration, Business Administration or related field preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
● None required.
Works in a general office environment and independent travel to local and regional sites where services are delivered.
Must be able to tolerate heat and cold to travel to community events. Sitting, standing, walking, driving, repeated hand and wrist motions (for computer use) are required. May be required to lift up to 25 pounds.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of this job.
Complete the required Jannus, Inc. Employment Application available at www.jannus.org and send with your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. or fax to 208.336.0880 or mail or deliver to 1607 W Jefferson St., Boise, ID 83702 by December 16, 2018.
Jannus, Inc. is an Affirmative Action / Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Jannus, Inc. shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR sections 60-1.4(a)(7), 60-300.5(a) and (d), 60-741.5(a) and (d), and 29C.F.R. Part 471, Appendix A to Subpart A, if applicable. These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals including on the basis of race, color, religion, age, gender, pregnancy, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, sexual orientation or gender identity, veteran status or disability, military status, or any status protected by federal, state or local law and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.